Tuesday, October 6, 2020

pandemic, shmandemic.

 this pandemic is agonizing. i want to forget it. 

it's so hard. it is devastating. confusing. chaotic. hurtful. isolating. lonely. uncertain. challenging. we weren't prepared for this. even the most prepared of us all could not have calculated how drastically our lives would be thrown into immediate and ongoing turmoil. the best prepared were those of us who are able to embrace the quiet. those of us who are able to sit with ourselves, in our boredom. ah the gift of boredom and how we have forgotten what a gift it is. in our rushed and hurried society, boredom is kind of a thing of the past. 

i'm so tired. i'm tired of rushing and hurrying, only to be dissatisfied and feeling let down because i still didn't do enough. but i am enough. God says he will give me rest.

Matthew 11:28-30 ESV 

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

John 8:12 

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

why don't you sleep at night?

"When are you gonna stop worrying about what people say? When I look into my suggestion box it is full! Ha! People have a lot to say ab...